Tyson Ross is 3-2 with a 2.57 ERA in 21 innings. Remember, spring statistics mean very little, but according to several first hand accounts, Ross has looked excellent. He was acquired in one of the only offseason moves made by the Padres: Acquiring Tyson Ross and AJ Kirby-Jones for Andrew Werner and Andy Parrino. Ross has some rough mechanics, but it appears as if they are being smoothed out. A good year from Ross could make the trade a big win for San Diego, it was a low risk, high reward move that could easily pay off.
- Andrew Cashner should start the year in AAA getting stretched out.
- Carlos Quentin should be ready for opening day.
- Logan Forsythe should also be available for opening day.
- Robbie Erlin, Brad Boxberger, others have been assigned to minor league camp.
- Kyle Blanks is putting up a tremendous spring performance.
- Chase Headley will miss the first two weeks of the season with a thumb injury.
- Casey Kelly will have Tommy John surgery.